NCR Sr. Network Engineer in United States
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
Job title: Senior Network Engineer Location: Dallas, Texas
- Architect, design and deploy scalable and reliable network services based on business, strategic, or technical requirements. This includes areas such as infrastructure readiness for IT applications deployment, commercialization of network/infrastructure as a service, SDN, analytics, orchestration and automation
- Develop infrastructure roadmaps, conduct feasibility studies, and review proposals with peer IT architecture groups.
- Design and deploy proof of concept solutions and eventually transition support to Operations teams.
- Hands-on experience to provide guidance and/or level 2 escalation to infrastructure support teams.
- Identify, recommend, and lead continuous network infrastructure improvement tasks.
- Advanced level experience working with Cisco IOS& NXOS, Cisco Routers/switches, and Network optimization.
- Advanced level experience in network security using ASA and Checkpoint firewalls, IDS/IPS, and encryption technologies.
- Advanced level experience in global and local load-balancing using F5 LTM and GTM.
- Advanced level experience in infrastructure trending patterns including capacity planning, QoS, and intelligent/optimal path selection methodologies.
- Experience in with remote access solutions such as Anyconnect VPN, Site2Site VPN, MPLS and Internet based connectivity
- Experience with design, deploy and support Cisco ACI for Orchestration and automation in the infrastructure
- Hands on experience using network simulation, automation and scripting tools such as VIRL, Puppet, Orion NCM.
- Experience in network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds Orion, Panorama, Cisco Prime, Wireshark (or similar network packet capture tools)
- Minimum 8 years of industry experience as a Network engineer working on LAN, WAN, and security technologies.
- Industry certifications such as CCNP, CCIE, etc
- In depth understanding of network protocols including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IPSEC, HSRP, VDC, 802.11, 802.1x, SNMP
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Job Management Information Svcs
Title: Sr. Network Engineer
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 0070120_P0221629