NCR Pre-Sales Engineer, Hospitality in United States
TITLE: Pre-Sales Engineer
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
Think you know NCR? Think again!
We are NCR, the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With our software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier.
Not only are we the leader in the markets and technology segments we serve, we serve the most exciting and dynamic customers in the world. And we put them at the center of everything we do. Our mission in life is to enable our customers to exceed their goals – from customer satisfaction, to revenue growth, to operational excellence, to profit growth – our solutions cover all of these.
By continually shaping the future. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with approximately 30,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
POSTION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Are you a pre-sales solution engineer with the agility and the creativity to lead a comprehensive technical solution strategy, while addressing technology issues, assessing customer IT infrastructure and determining the technology needed to insure customer adoption of the proposed solution?
We’re seeking a versatile technical and business oriented pre-sales consultant with experience developing business opportunities, building customer solution mapping, establishing C-level relationships with the customer’s technical leadership and working closely with the customer-facing teams. The primary objectives of this position are to drive increase in market share, revenue growth and increase in customer satisfaction.
As a pre-sales solution engineer, you will partner with the Account Executive in planning and prioritizing opportunities for utmost productivity and efficiency, while overseeing the Professional Services engagement at the right time with the right resources.
If you have proven experience in pre-sales/customer-facing/technical roles with 5 years in the restaurant or retail industry and exceptional customer-focus and bias for action, we want to talk to you.
Key Areas of Responsibility include:
· Jointly create, manage and execute account plans side by side with the Account Executives, by taking lead on key technical initiatives, be introduced to key technical stakeholders in each account, and create a solution plan according to initiatives and objectives
· Validate software, hardware and services pricing and margins based on the scope of work.
· Engage Professional Services in opportunities after forming a clear solution plan.
· Monitor and report on market and competitor’s activities
· Communicate and report internally on opportunity status and plan ahead using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
· Attend and present at customer meetings and internal sessions with other company functions, as necessary.
· Influence buyers on product offering new / improved products / innovation within the industry
· Focus on upselling while acting as a technical advisor to customers within remit.
· Work with and drive the Customer Solution Engineers team (CSE) to ensure the right personnel are aligned for specific product demos and presales discussions.
· Influence product development and enhancements using gathered intelligence to enhance internal practices and processes, achieving genuine sales development.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
· 2 years of experience in pre-sales/customer-facing/technical roles
· 5 years of experience in Restaurant or Retail industry
· Previous customer-facing experience selling software, hardware and services.
· Working with large retailers as a service provider, software provider or consultant.
· Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
· Self-motivated & self-driven motivated passion for the industry and products
· “Make it happen” team player
· Able to achieve organizational objectives through effective planning, punctuality, organizational, coordination, decision making, and time management skills
· Results-orientated with a positive outlook
· Clear focus on high quality and business profit
· Reliable, tolerant and determined
· Adaptable to change in a fast-moving environment
· Travel up to 50%
· Aloha POS experience is preferred.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Title: Pre-Sales Engineer, Hospitality
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 0069119_P0228471