NCR Customer Engineer Team Lead (OH)-1 in United States
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
TITLE: Customer Engineer Team Lead LOCATION: Virtual, OH
YOU ARE: * Someone who loves trying to solve problems that no one’s ever solved before. You’re great with theories, principles, and concepts, and can you multitask with the best of them and really enjoy moving projects from start to finish. You are also great at providing support and mentoring other Customer Engineers (CE). * Sound familiar (and exciting!)? Then you’ll feel perfectly at home as NCR’s newest Customer Engineer Team Lead (CE TL). In this role, you’ll provide your professional judgment as you co-ordinate daily operations within the assigned workgroup. With your degree in-hand (or some seriously equivalent work experience), you’ll be our lead who is able to take initiative and keep projects on schedule while ensuring consistency with processes and procedures. * What makes this more exciting? Knowing that it’s all to help make life easier for people all over the world, through more than 550 million transactions every day. Our clients are restaurants, shops, banks, and airports. They come to us for software, hardware, and services. Your skills make sure we can assist them in the ways they need it the most.
YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- Provide assistance to the Territory Manager. Update and follow up on delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines.
- Monitor closely the CEs under your responsibility. Support CEs on potential complex technical situations (1st Technical Escalation point for the CE and Field Support).
- Provide recommendations to better assign CE’s to work orders (WO) according to Corporate/Customer Priorities and decide course of action as needed. Balance average timing for WO’s to increase productivity.
- Ensure availability of tools for CEs. Detect training needs and execute training schedules.
- Ensure that changes in processes and work instructions are communicated and in place. Effectively communicate with the Service Planner, Exception Coordinators and TMs to make the best decision on customer escalations.
- Monthly meetings with their CEs to show metrics results, actions. Daily follow ups with low performers.
- Weekly meetings with the Exception Coordinators (Command Center) to receive feedback of CEs and provide recommendations to coordinate the team.
- Preventive Maintenance, managing, coordination and scheduling special tasks and rollouts.
- Assist with administrative tasks such as Travel & Entertainment, Billing & payments issues, company vans, and other daily duties.
- Provide extra capacity to run service calls as instructed by the Territory Manager.
PEOPLE DESCRIBE YOU AS: * Someone who provides direction, instructions and guidance to a group of individuals. * A true specialist, one who is responsible for and capable of gathering information from a wide range of sources to resolve problems with unknown solutions. * Someone who is superb at coaching and mentoring. An effective team leader that encourage team members and inspires the trust and respect of the team and stimulates production within the workplace.
YOU HAVE: * High school diploma or GED (though a Bachelor’s degree and CompTIA, N certifications are preferred) * Must be a local candidate (this position is not eligible for paid relocation) * Must be authorized to work in the U.S. * US Candidates must be at least 21 years of age * Must have a valid driver's license and driving record that satisfies NCR fleet requirements * Must pass the Company’s background check requirements, including credit check, criminal, driving record, and drug screen * Ability to perform essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation for a disability or based on religion * Essential functions of this position include prolonged travel with driving up to approximately 8 hours per day, rotating shifts, carrying and lifting tools and parts weighting up to 50 lbs., and bending, squatting, walking, standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time
EEO Statement Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Job Customer Engineering
Title: Customer Engineer Team Lead (OH)-1
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 0068854_P0045096