NCR Business Analyst in United States
About NCR Corporation: NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, hospitality, gaming, public sector, telecom carrier and equipment organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia.
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility:
The Business Analyst is the liaison between assigned business unit(s) and the Software/IT organization to support the translation of operational needs into software specifications as well as coordinate the implementation of new or enhanced software technologies. Additional responsibilities may include: functional analysis for specific applications; Project Lead and project cost controls. Position is active in the following functional areas: Business Analysis, Functional Analysis, Project Management. • Works with clients and other consultants to formulate plans outlining steps required to develop the program, uses structured analysis and design. And submits to end-users for approval. • Conduct business needs analysis against existing technology and supporting processes to determine if area of focus is IT or business-related • Conduct business needs analysis and gather business requirements • Assist business unit(s) in process definition and act as consultant to improve business processes • Collaborate with business unit(s), other technology areas and vendors to identify alternative solutions and translate operational needs into IT specifications • Assemble and present business requirements, functional specifications, and project statements. • Monitor activities of assigned projects to ensure project remains on schedule and within approved scope/budget • Communicate status of each phase for assigned projects to management on a scheduled basis • Execute formal change management process to adjust project scope, budget or schedule as needed • Develop testing requirements and plan to validate application changes and supporting business processes • Coordinate delivery of business solutions and supporting processes according to business priorities and IT specifications • Support beta testing, end-user testing and validation by business unit for new or revised applications
• Provide support to end-users on features and functions of applications for assigned area(s)
• Evaluate proposed changes to existing applications to identify potential adverse impact upon operations
• Ascertain that newly implemented/revised applications and supporting processes are meeting end-user requirements and business objectives
• Perform modeling of business and system processes based on findings through use-case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models
• Collaborate with third-party vendors to resolve project or support issues
• Research/analyze current/emerging technologies/vendor services in support of business priorities and objectives
• Train less experienced employees within assigned area(s)
EEO Statement Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment. Statement to Third Party Agencies To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Ability to travel abroad as needed
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or a closely related field
• Typically 5 to 8 years of business analysis or project management experience, which must include 4 years of IT work experience.
Computer skills necessary to operate general office, presentation, flowchart and project management applications
• Facilitation skills necessary to elicit ideas and promote discussion
• Planning and organizational skills necessary to prioritize and coordinate workload within a multiple project setting
• Proficient interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Demonstrated proficiency in verbal communication and presentation skills necessary to interact with all levels of management
• Great customer facing skills
• Proficient writing skills to formally document and present analyses and proposals. • Demonstrated ability to interact primarily with peers, supervisors, application end user managers, with local IS personnel, and to work cooperatively in a teamwork environment. The ability to occasionally interface with senior management for information exchange.
• Ability to read, write and analyze moderately complex technical manuals, operating procedures and communicate effectively by email, reports, or orally, with an audience that may include less technically oriented abilities.
• Effectively manage multiple projects and personnel simultaneously.
• Ability to obtain a DOD security clearance.
Job Professional Services
Title: Business Analyst
Location: United States
Other Locations: North America-United States-Virginia-Richmond
Requisition ID: 0068891_P0228288