NCR Software Engineer - Cloud Services in Orlando, Florida
Passionate about technology and see the world a little differently than your peers? Everywhere you look, there’s possibility. Opportunity. Boundaries to push and challenges to solve. You believe software engineering changes how people live.
At NCR, we believe that, too. We’re one of the world’s first tech companies, and still going strong. Like us, you know the online and mobile worlds better than any other—and see patterns that no one else sees. Our software engineers write code that can survive under the pressure of hundreds of thousands of requests per minute.
We are looking for talented engineers to join our expanding platform as a service team. Our platform as a service is responsible for providing the foundation for NCR cloud-based products, and includes a variety of features and services similar to those found on Google Cloud Platform and Amazon AWS.
We work with some of the smartest, nicest people you'll meet. People who work here say the problems they work on are enormously challenging, and that the team culture is the most supportive they have seen.
Hit the ground running as a Software Engineer working on developing NCR’s Cloud Platform that will serve each of our major industries – Financial Services, Retail, Hospitality and Travel. You will join NCR in one of its biggest innovation initiatives as we transform our business and the software that supports it.
Curious? Read on. We’re looking for software engineering talent like you.
What working on this team is like
- We own everything about our services from concept through to operations.
- We ship incrementally and often; once we merge code we normally want to ship it straight away.
- We own our process and we're free to improve on it.
- We emphasize quality above all else.
- We automate everything.
How do you know if you are right for this job?
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools and methodologies.
- You have built or want to build web services and components at cloud scale to help your fellow development teams build exciting new products.
- You understand the value quality and continuous delivery, and want to help teams release frequently and often toproduction, withhigh quality.
- You have the ability to tackle problems both at the large scale (think hundred-node clusters) and the small scale (think individual atomic locks).
- You have a strong desire to continually learn new technologies, tools, and methodologies, including those out of your comfort zone.
Experience and skills you will need
- Solid understanding of core computer science fundamentals including common data structures, algorithms, and concurrent programming.
- Experience using at least one static programming language such as Java, C#, C , Go, or similar.
- Solid background in use of relational and non-relational databases.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical capabilities.
- Passion for developing clear, robust, and testable software.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Experience and skills we hope to see
- Ability to design and build robust, cloud-based micro-services.
- Technical knowledge of distributed architectures.
- Experience working on highly available, high-transaction volume, fault-tolerant systems.
- Experienced in the Spring Framework and Spring Boot.
- Experience with Hadoop and associated technologies such as HBase, Phoenix, etc.
- Experience with Apache Storm, Kafka, and Solr.
- Introductory working knowledge of Docker and container management systems like Kubernetes
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Job Software Engineering
Title: Software Engineer - Cloud Services
Requisition ID: 0066684_P0225221