NCR Senior Technical Consultant in Ontario, Canada
TITLE: Senior Technical Consultant
LOCATION: Mississauga, Ontario GRADE: 11NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Senior Technical Consultant is accountable for all activities associated with Managed Services Solutions deployment, Customer consultation regarding deployment, and support of customer lifecycle in cooperation with NCR Services and partnered business units. The Technical Consultant is responsible for the deployment of Managed Services solutions that include system procedure initiatives (e.g. Incident Management, Currency Management, Cash Management, Software Distribution, and other solutions yet to be defined), support of those initiatives once deployed, providing Customer consultation on how those systems can best support business changes, and driving systems changes as appropriate during deployment.
This position will provide direction to one or more Technical Consultants who will follow through on the specifications as a part of the project delivery. Typical this individual will have 10 years of applicable experience. Typically holds Bachelor's Degree. Skills/Specialties include Mentoring, Software Development, Cloud Computing, Financial and Retail systems infrastructure.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Presales support for Managed Services offers
· Pre-sales support and collaboration with the Account Team in order to qualify the technical requirements of the opportunities
· Participate in the MS Qualification Process when engaged by the Solution Architect
· Identify and propose the right delivery service solution, tools & methodology, based on real service delivery capability and Customer needs
· Be the single point of contact into NCR Services delivery organization for the sales team when no SA is involved, coordinate the involvement of the operations team as required and obtain any required documentation such as scope of service documents, Contract Terms, and implementation plans
· Implementation Support for Managed Services offers
· Participate in the discovery stage of the due diligence of a customer implementation and implementation of new contracts, based on a defined Service Level Agreement, in one of the Managed Service Operations delivery centers
· Coordinate and manage the Technical implementation of the services and direct the activities of the service delivery team when delivering standard services. Handover the implemented and tested solution to Operations to include documented procedures and SLA agreements
· Assist with Lifecycle support of Customers implemented on Managed Services offers
· Provide consulting to operations on customer implementations after handover
· Support optimization/improvement projects
· Consult with the System Administration team and System Specialist in the analysis, resolution of service delivery issues, and implementations of change requests
· Participate in the deployment of corporate tools, processes and procedures to optimize the performance of service delivery
· Migrate outdated solutions to follow global standards
· Liaison/partner with other NCR Organizations and 3rd party vendors to get needed features implemented, critical bugs fixed or recover from operational disasters
· No relocation assistance will be offered for this position.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer since or work experience
· Strong programming concepts and system design for the Microsoft series of operating systems
· Strong Project Management Knowledge
· Fluent speaking and writing English
· Strong understanding of Aptra platform
· Fluent English, Bi-Lingual preferred (English/French)
· Excellent Customer Communication skills
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
· Certification or formal training in Systems Administration (Microsoft Certifications preferred) and Windows Networking
· Strong understanding of Project Management
· Preferred: Strong technical background in Windows environment, knowledge and understanding of the Gasper Vantage, APTRA Opticash, APTRA Vision and NCR ATM Application and Software
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Job Customer Svcs/Support Services
Title: Senior Technical Consultant
Requisition ID: 0068883_P0228494