NCR Project Lead (II) New York City, NY in New York, New York
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
TITLE: Implementation Leader - POS/Aloha LOCATION: New York City, NY
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY: The Incumbent is responsible for the successful implementation of NCR Point of Sale solutions for small to medium sized customers, including hardware and software implementations, while ensuring customer satisfaction and quality.
- This position is a front-line representative responsible for understanding and fulfilling customer needs immediately after new systems/solutions are sold.
- This position typically reports to the Implementation Manager or Operations Manager.
- The Incumbent is able to independently implement a new solution from start to finish on moderately complex to complex projects. Complexity is defined by project scope (number of modules, uniqueness of site, site count for a single project) and level of risk. An example of a moderately complex project is implementation of 1 customer site with Aloha’s core POS product only. Managing the project from start to finish includes the following:
- Take the hand-off from sales – Own and Manage Customer Expectations
- Consult with the customer to determine their specific needs as it relates to implementation and translate those needs into a project plan and timeline
- Completely configure the Aloha system to meet the customer’s needs and/or oversee the configuration work if performed by other team members
- Conduct dB review to confirm alignment with customer priorities
- Oversee the installation of the system (typically installed by Customer Engineers/Field Service technicians)
- Provide post-installation support for period not to exceed two weeks after installation followed by sign-off and transparent transition to support infrastructure.
- Produce positive customer experience and an NCR reference account.
- The above may be in a Table Service or Quick Service environment; proficiency in both is preferred but not required at this level.
- Other resources, such as other Implementation team members or Customer Engineers may assist the Incumbent on larger projects.
- Responsible for providing install metric data to customer and internal organizations
- Responsible for working with internal organizations to resolve issues
- Typically requires travel to customer site to present and demonstrate the toolset; 10-40% travel in customer facing role/ project oriented assignments.
- Position is required to work across multiple functions including IT, Operations, Sales Support, Customer Support, and Sales
- Position may be required to document business processes and requirements in order to implement the most effective solution for the customer
- Applies principles, concepts, practices and standards of professional field to projects and assignments
- Develops working knowledge of industry practices and standards
- Researches, interprets, and assesses factual information for accuracy
- Identifies inconsistencies in data or results
• Technical Certification or equivalent experience • 1 Years related experience • Previous experience in restaurant industry • Experience with MS Office tools such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint • Excellent communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate and present across multiple business functions • Experience working directly with customers and end users • Ability to travel to customer sites
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:* • Previous experience in related technology field • Experience with customer support, troubleshooting, analysis and/or resolution • Prior experience in software configuration or equivalent extensive experience as an end-user or support technician (help desk) for theAlohasoftware
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies:
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Job Customer/Sales Operations
Title: Project Lead (II) New York City, NY
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 0069417_P0228729