NCR SW Engineering Manager in Hyderabad, India
*Title : Technical Engineering Manager
Location : Hyderabad.
About NCR Corporation NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, healthcare, hospitality, entertainment, gaming and public sector organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia.
Position Summary NCR are looking for a dynamic Engineering Manager well versed with software development processes along with the latest technologies to join their highly talented product team. The teams work on a selection of innovative ATM marketing solutions, that enable financial institutions to deliver delightful, personal & effective banking interactions that transform how consumers use ATM and branch services.
- Do you love building software that thrills your customers? Do you obsess over the quality of your software and love to code? Do you insist on the highest standards for the software your team develops? Are you an advocate of continuous delivery and continuously measureable quality? Can you dive really deep and still maintain the big picture of how the solution will interface with end users and other software systems?
- Well if this is you, then come lead a strong and energetic team of engineers. As a /Technical Engineering Manager /you will oversee Agile and non-Agile team activities and be involved in all aspects of projects’ lifecycle from inception through release working closely with team members, external stakeholders & architects. Primary Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of software development engineers focused on the development and integration of CxMarketing Client. The CxM Client team’s responsibility encompasses all aspects of the delivered solution – server-based web applications, client applications, database based processes, and administration utilities that manage the solution.
- · Manage a team of development engineers, based in India, against defined requirements and schedules to produce high quality deliverables in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- · Retain and recruit key talent to augment the software engineering organization.
- · Provide effective mentoring and management of team such that individual contributors have the opportunity and encouragement to grow in their respective careers
- · Perform yearly and quarterly individual performance management activities.
- · Maintain existing, and develop new or replacement metrics for measurement of team against defined business objectives. Create and review development plan and strategy, including architecture, coding, unit-testing, delivery, support and metrics.
- · Communicate with customers to ensure that expectations and support needs are met.
- · Communicate with internal stakeholders and the solutions management team and ensure that requirements are successfully met.
- · Correlate, report, and drive the adoption of Process/Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- · Manage the team to a defined budget and provide forecasting for future spending.
- 5-10 years of experience in software engineering especially in C , C#, Java.
- 5-10 years of experience in managing software development teams in Waterfall and Agile
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Proven track record of leading and enabling change within teams
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, methodology, process, and leadership skills
- Deep understanding of Software Development and Quality Assurance best practices
- Experience in leading teams in software development
- Experience with CI & Dev Ops: Subversion, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence, etc
- Basic DBA experience with Microsoft SQL Server including schema design, queries & basic administration
· Experience with network management.
- Certified Scrum Master or Certified Product Owner designation
- Extensive experience with .NET development, client server architecture, java development.
- Strong leadership skills, demonstrating the ability to drive results through others
- Green/Black Belt trained in Continuous Improvement
- Solid understanding of Scrum & Agile development principles & methodologies
- Financial industry knowledge & experience
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Title: SW Engineering Manager
Requisition ID: 0070157_P0229703