NCR SW Dev Ops Engineer II in Hyderabad, India
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
The is a support role in a Software Shared Services Infrastructure Environment. Responsible for the Virtual Server environment, operating system and associated subsystems.
Provide system-level support of multi-user operating systems, hardware and software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of these systems. Assists in creating effective software development environments using the latest hardware and software technologies.
Implementation, support and management of software platforms for applications and tools.
- Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade software and operating system.
- Collect system information, analyze and evaluate.
- Report system health information to management.
- Document system problems and resolutions for future reference
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and connectivity problems.
- Record and maintain hardware and software inventories, site and/or server licensing, and user access.
- Work as a team member with other technical staff, such as networking to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- 4-5 years of experience in a similar environment supporting a Virtual Server Environment.
Software engineering methodologies
- System Administration Experience
- VMware Products, ESX, vRealise Automation, vCloud Director and Virtual Center
- TCP/IP and LAN Technologies
- Systems/Network Monitoring Concepts
- Windows, Linux and data storage
- Experience with a scripting language such as Chef, tcl, Perl, Python, and writing shell scripts
- Ability to learn and support new hardware, software and operating systems.
- Problem solving skills to help identify and resolve issues.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions
- Ability to plan, implement, test, and troubleshoot system software
- Knowledge of computer flow charts and of programming logic and codes.
- Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of applications and systems.
Ability to write technical instructions in the use of programs and/or program modifications.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to determine the nature of computer hardware and systems software problems, and to communicate technical guidance and information to users.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
EEO Statement Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Relevant graduation or post graduation.
Job Software Engineering
Title: SW Dev Ops Engineer II
Requisition ID: 0070712_P0230042