NCR Application Operations DevOps Engineer III in Hyderabad, India
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
Job Posting TitleApplication Operations and DEVOPS Engineer
IN THIS ROLE, YOU CAN EXPECT TO….
Hit the ground running as a SW DevOps Engineer on our newly formed DevOps teams focused on developing NCR’s Cloud Platform that will serve each of our major industries – Financial Services, Retail, Hospitality and Travel. You will join NCR in one of its biggest innovation initiatives as we transform our business and the software that supports it. Your key day-today responsibilities will include:
• Work with a geographically distributed DevOps engineering teams to support the applications
• 7 years of IT experience.
• 3 years experience administering Kubernetes & Docker.
• 2 years experience deploying and supporting high traffic, scalable web applications/services
• 2 years experience administering Linux, including shell-scripting & command-line tools
• 2 years experience with orchestration tools like Terraform, Cloud Formation Template
• 2 years experience with Configuration tools like Chef and Ansible.
• 3 years experience with Azure & AWS Cloud Solutions
• Handson Hadoop administration and associated technologies such as HBase, PIG & Hive, etc.
• Excellent analysis, debugging, root-cause identification, and troubleshooting skills
• Learning new and established methodologies for DevOps, agile, cloud-native solutions.
• Building high-performing Monitoring solutions that provide an optimal application availability.
• Participating in an agile development team, implementing user stories which leads to develop Self-Healing Solutions to manage incidents/outages.
• Ensuring DevOps solution will satisfy non-functional requirements and needs including performance, compliance and security testing as part of CI/CD.
• Build CI/CD pipelines to enable faster delivery.
• BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
• 0-6 years of software development experience with Java or similar language
• Coursework using relational and/or non-relational databases
• Experience navigating open source projects on GitHub and/or bitbucket
EVEN BETTER IF YOU HAVE…
• Knowledge of ELK.
• Knowledge of Apache Storm, Kafka, and Solr.
• Knowledge of Artificial intelligence and Machine Learning.
• Ability to learn existing and new applications and become familiar with them in a short amount of time to be able to "stand on your own".
EEO Statement Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment. Statement to Third Party Agencies To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Relevant graduation or post graduation.
Job Software Engineering
Title: Application Operations DevOps Engineer III
Requisition ID: 0067292_P0226008