NCR Senior Customer Engineer Cleveland, OH in Cleveland, Ohio
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
TITLE: Customer Engineer Representative III LOCATION: Cleveland, OH
Gifted at communicating with customers (by maintaining strong relationships, handling problems before they start, and making sure customers have what they need when they need it). You also have impressive on-the-job experience identifying key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data. You even know about working on multi-vendor hardware and software products.
Are we speaking your language yet? If so, we’re looking for /you/, our newest Customer Engineer Representative III (CE III). In this role, you’ll service retail and financial hardware, perform software reloads and part replacements, and communicate across teams to resolve issues. You might even be called on to mentor and assist CE Is and IIs (like a Jedi).
What makes this more exciting? Knowing that it’s all to help make life easier for people all over the world, through more than 550 million transactions every day. Our clients are restaurants, shops, banks, and airports. They come to us for software, hardware, and services. Your skills make sure we can assist them in the ways they need it the most.
YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- Provide support for everything from networking and communication products to network and systems equipment—with the goal of keeping our customers completely assured and satisfied.
- Be our go-to when there’s a problem or incident. You’ll respond to all customer concerns by handling them, or by pulling in the proper associate, team member, territory manager, or controller to do so—making sure things are fully resolved to the customer’s liking (in compliance with agreed upon Service Level Agreements, of course).
- Unbridle your manual skills to make repairs and replace components on equipment such as PCs, workstations, kiosks, peripherals, printers, POS systems, and ATMs. You’ll also be assisting in site preparation, including installation of cable and the staging and testing of equipment.
- Be a guardian of all NCR assets used in the delivery of customer services (that’s tools, software, vehicles, documentation, and intellectual property). Which means you’ll maintain stellar records and an appropriate parts inventory.
- Capture customer information so that we can complete any invoicing, as well as stay in contact to ensure we’re providing the best possible service.
- Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experiences. Identifies key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data.
- Provide assistance to the CES community in support of employees in order to resolve customer issues.
- Aid the CETL in providing performance feedback on employees, strengthening teamwork culture, and fostering open and effective communications.
PEOPLE DESCRIBE YOU AS:
- A proactive, forward thinker who is always on the lookout for preemptive measures so that they can recommend preventative maintenance.
- Brilliant at building great working relationships among teammates and customers.
- Willing to lend assistance in coaching employees, providing performance feedback, strengthening teamwork culture, and fostering open and effective communication.
- A stickler for record-keeping. Which comes in handy when you’re asked to log all customer calls and activity, plus track all expenses incurred in the delivery of services (like phone calls or driving).
- Formal vocational and/or technical training/certification (though an Associate’s Degree is preferred)
- Up to five years of related experience
- A Certification (CompTIA, N Certification is always a plus)
- Knowledge of systems architecture, database management systems, and network and systems management systems
- Must be a local candidate (this position is not eligible for paid relocation)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have a valid driver's license and driving record that satisfies NCR fleet requirements
- Must pass the Company’s background check requirements, including credit check, criminal, driving record, and drug screen
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation for a disability or based on religion
- Essential functions of this position include prolonged travel with driving up to approximately 8 hours per day, rotating shifts, carrying and lifting tools and parts weighting up to 50 lbs., and bending, squatting, walking, standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time
- A CE may be dispatched daily on a call-by-call basis. Also, this position conducts work at customer site(s) and local NCR offices _EEO Statement_ Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
_Statement to Third Party Agencies_ To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Job Customer Engineering
Title: Senior Customer Engineer Cleveland, OH
Requisition ID: 0071379_P0045287