NCR SW Dev Ops Engineer IV in Bangalore, India
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
Are you ready to join the company that's shaping the way people manage their finances? Digital Insight, an NCR SaaS company, is a leader in retail online banking with over 11 million end users across hundreds of banks and credit unions. We are recognized as one of the innovative leaders in financial services. Digital Insight/NCR helps financial institutions optimize their profitability by continuously innovating how businesses and customers optimize their money. Our solutions empower small to mid-size banks and financial institutions to offer their customers online and mobile solutions to help their customers manage their money. Come join our Service Delivery team. You will work with Product Development and Production Operations to deploy and support Digital Insight/NCR SaaS offerings. You will play a critical role in helping shape how customers interact and think about money in the future while working in a fast-paced environment. If you are passionate about quality and delivering awesome results for customers, come join us now!
• Engage closely with engineering and operations teams to deliver highly available and scalable services with minimal/zero downtime.
• Collaboration between development and operations staff throughout different development lifecycle stages when creating and delivering a product or service. • Working in partnership with cross-functional teams in the capacity of delivering applications to production through various controls and operationalizing them for support. • Support production escalations as needed. • Provide a seamless transition of the application from Product Development to Production Support teams. • Building, deploying and evolving rapidly-changing products and systems at high volume and large scale. • Utilize DevOps toolchain consisting of multiple tools through software build, test, configure, package, deploy and monitoring stages.
Required Skills: • Knowledge/experience with Application and Infrastructure Delivery automation, orchestration and configuration management. • Experience operating and troubleshooting VMs in a virtual environment. • Ability to effectively communicate with various teams and levels of management • Troubleshooting production issues • Configuration and management of App/Web tier (Apache, Jboss, Tomcat, etc.)
*Skill Set: *
• Operating Systems – RHEL, CentOS, Windows 2012 • Applications – Java, Tomcat • Scripting – BASH, Ruby, Python, Perl • Version control – Perforce • Build/Release - Jenkins, Maven, GCC, Make • Package – YUM/RPM, Zip, Tar • Deploy – Capistrano, Terraform • Provisioning – vRA, vSphere, AWS • Storage – Netapp NFS Mounts and CIFS • Networking – Infoblox, F5, vCNS
• Experience with physical and virtual Networking; Cisco firewalls a plus.
• Participate in process improvements spanning continuous integration and delivery.
• Participate in the reduction of internal DevOps expansion, enhancement, scalability and performance technical debt.
• Experience with Splunk or other log aggregation tools. • Experience with Application Load balancing via F5 devices and network troubleshooting. • Experience with programming/scripting languages (BASH, Ruby, Python, Perl etc.) • Experience in deployment automation, monitoring and maintaining large-scale services with various underlying dependencies in a complex environment.
EEO Statement Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
• BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience. • Current/Recent 3 years back to back related experience. • In-depth Linux or other Unix system administration experience. • Previous experience delivering a new product, including methodologies, for an enterprise solution. • Must have high initiative and be a clear communicator. • Must be good at setting up and troubleshooting environments • Preferred full lifecycle involvement of end to end application delivery.
Job Software Engineering
Title: SW Dev Ops Engineer IV
Requisition ID: 0068368_P0228077