NCR Sr. Developer Evangelist in Atlanta, Georgia
Passionate about technology and see the world a little differently than your peers. Everywhere you look, there’s possibility. Opportunity. Boundaries to push and challenges to solve. You believe software engineering changes how people live.
At NCR, we believe that, too. We’re one of the world’s first tech companies, and still going strong. Like us, you know the online and mobile worlds better than any other—and see patterns that no one else sees. Our software engineers write code that can survive under the pressure of hundreds of thousands of requests per minute.
We are looking for talented engineers to join our expanding platform as a service team. Our platform as a service is responsible for providing the foundation for NCR cloud-based products, and includes a variety of features and services similar to those found on Google Cloud Platform and Amazon AWS.
We work with some of the smartest, nicest people you'll meet. People who work here say the problems they work on are enormously challenging, and that the team culture is the most supportive they have seen.
Curious? Read on. We’re looking for software engineering talent like you.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU CAN EXPECT TO….
Play a key role as a Developer Evangelist on a newly formed Developer Success team focused on enabling adoption and usage of NCR’s Cloud Platform by both internal and external users. You will work directly with teams trying to onboard and help make them successful. Your key day-today responsibilities will include:
- Defining and performing training on the Platform.
- Assist teams hands on with integration efforts.
- Gather feedback from stakeholders and help shape future enhancements and the vision for where the Platform grows.
- Attend / Host Hack-A-Thons where the Platform is used.
- Produce / Participate in PR programs including Videos, Blogs, and emails.
- Host/Attend/Speak at conferences regarding the Platform and NCR’s technology leadership.
- 3 years of software development experience
- 1 years’ experience in some developer evangelism related role / activities
- Development skills with Java or .Net
- Experience designing, implementing, and testing RESTful APIs
- Understanding of methodologies such as TDD, BDD, CI/CD to be able to communicate Platform Strategy to other teams
- Strong communication skills both in person and written
- Ability to quickly understand new solutions and map use cases to implementation strategies
EVEN BETTER IF YOU HAVE…
- Experience presenting at Conferences
- Experience attending / organizing Hackathons
- Run a blog / participated in a tech blog
- Are published anywhere online for technical thought leadership
- Participated in public open source projects
Job Software Engineering
Title: Sr. Developer Evangelist
Requisition ID: 0066948_P0057513