NCR Software Engineer III in Atlanta, Georgia
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
Software Engineer III for the NCR Online Ordering team, working on back end services, front end user interfaces and systems, and APIs. Responsible for maintaining and developing new functionality for table-service and quick service restaurants, with millions of dollars of transactions flowing through the system daily.You are:
Someone who believes that software engineering changes lives. You’re passionate about technology and see the world a little differently than your peers—everywhere you look, there’s possibility. Opportunity. Boundaries to push and challenges to solve.
That’s what we’re seeking at NCR. We’re a global tech company that makes life easier for you—-and people all over the world—-by enabling more than 450 million transactions every day. Restaurants, shops, banks and airports come to us for hardware, software and services. They know we have the best and brightest software engineers who know the world of mobile better than any other—and relish in revealing previously unknown insights. Software engineers who write code than can survive under the pressure of hundreds of thousands of requests per minute.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred, but equivalent experience considered.
· Experience designing and developing highly scalable web applications
· Experience developing Restful API’s
· Experience with functional programming paradigm
· Experience with Agile development methodologies
· Experience managing multiple Node services
· Experience with responsive and mobile first design and development
· Experience with Git SCM
· Experience with ECMAScript.
Even better if you have the following:
· Ability to learn existing and new applications and become familiar with them in a short amount of time.
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast moving environment, while balancing multiple concurrent projects of varying priorities.
· Ability to work independently with moderate supervision
· Ability to effectively communicate with peers, and supervisors, and to work cooperatively in a teamwork environment
· Exhibits excellent communication skills, both oral and written
· Ability to work quickly and meet defined project deadlines
· Ability to design highly effective and attractive user interfaces
· Experience with a scripting language such as Bash, Ruby, or Powershell
· Experience with automated deployment pipelines
· Ability to discuss a CI/CD pipeline at a high level
· Experience leading a team of developers
A software engineer at NCR has a direct impact on millions of lives every day. Transactions happening at restaurants, convenience stores, banks, and airports all heavily rely on solutions created by NCR. We have a marketplace of 60,000 restaurants. We build consumer facing and mobile applications for many of the top brands. By developing .NET web applications, services and APIs consumed by Windows, Android, and iOS operating systems, the team will deliver high-profile consumer products as part of an exciting and innovative product that facilitates ordering online.
You will improve the product by adding new functionality, by increasing the performance and scalability of the product, by making the product more extensible and maintainable, and by providing a better user experience. Your customers will range from small and medium businesses to industry leaders with hundreds of locations.
· Ask good questions
· Develop and maintain high-performing applications that enable an optimal consumer experience
· Design, modify, and support complex systems or subsystems
· Perform design changes for product improvements/upgrades
· Analyze, program, debug, and modify computer programs for business middleware and user interface applications
· Work with customers, Product Managers, Project Managers, Services and Support departments to understand and implement business requirements
· Write and execute unit tests of software configurations
· Provide accurate estimation of development effort and input into project timelines
· Provide technical guidance to the team
Job Software Engineering
Title: Software Engineer III
Requisition ID: 0070468_P0230187